: : crazybrave has moved to <a href="http://crazybrave.net">http://crazybrave.net/</a>: Silver Whining

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Silver Whining

Oh, The Australian shits me sometimes. Today it's the whoppin' great cover picture of Richard Howard and some toothy chick in a red dress (nice red bra stickin' out of it, too). It's reported that Miss Fang "attracted more than her fair share of attention" at the White House do. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that she's a pretty young woman in a tight red dress in a room full of crusty old conservative men. I also wonder what special White House protocol officer determines the appropriate ration of attention for each guest. Heh. I'd like that job.

One of my colleagues, a bona fide former debating champion, was more upset with The Australian calling Richard "a former debating champion" - "debating champion my arse!" was in fact the phrase she used. Apparently he was so cut at not making the debating "A" team one year he started his own debating society. And put himself on the A team. Which wouldn't be that tricky if you were the head of the student union.

Still, there's lots of happy news in the paper. Hello Brendan Nelson!