: : crazybrave has moved to <a href="http://crazybrave.net">http://crazybrave.net/</a>: Snippets

Monday, May 29, 2006

Snippets

Bit worn out at the 'mo, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon, or someone will piss me off sufficiently to blog about it.

Current front runner is Sydney's Daily Telegraph, which - despite 5000 dead after an earthquake in Indonesia and violent instability in East Timor - leads the front page with GAYCARE REVOLT. From the skerricks of actual information concealed deep in the article, it appears there's a daycare centre in Marrickville where the carers read "Heather has two Mummies" to the kids. The same book I offered to take to my son's daycare a couple of weeks ago - they're reading stories about all kinds of families because a couple of the kids' parents are separating. (Updated - according to the news, it's these - which I've read and think the froth mouthed ragers should too. And Georg has a terrific post up at LP, which has already attracted some of the "stop ramming homosexuality down my two year old's throat" comments the Telegraph is trying to encourage.)


By the way, if you want your marriage to last 30 years like Angela Shanahan's, there are some dos and don'ts. Short version: Don't root anyone else. Do root your husband.

Also, climbing mountains is dumb.