: : crazybrave has moved to <a href="http://crazybrave.net">http://crazybrave.net/</a>: Eat my shorts

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Eat my shorts

It's very hard to eat weet-bix through gritted teeth, so I'm grateful the Prime Minister appears so rarely on AM on Radio National. Sadly, he was on Thursday morning, talking about Galipolli rubbish, amongst other things. Here is part of the transcript, the part where I spat my sliced banana out:


EMMA GRIFFITHS: What about the question of the young people who fell asleep and who were seen lying on graves at Lone Pine? That's bound to upset some people. Does it upset you?

JOHN HOWARD: Oh look, I understand that, but you've got to look at the aggregate behaviour of the overwhelming majority of people. There were 17,000 people there and the great bulk of them were young Australians, and I repeat, from what I saw and encountered they behaved magnificently, they behaved in an exuberant way.

Maybe a few didn't, I didn't see that, but I'm not going to have the good name of young Australians overseas reverentially participating in a respectful remembrance, which is what I experienced. I'm not going to have their good name besmirched.



Yep, they were on those graves reverentially. Personally, I'm not offended by it. What offends me is our normally mean spirited Prime Minister yet again running the Bart Simpson defence.*


* It wasn't me, you didn't see it, you can't prove a thing.