Too Much Information
1. Sometimes, if it is really extremely hot, I have been known to put my foot in the toilet and flush it. I developed this habit shortly after I moved to Brisbane in a mid-nineties summer , having lived in Canberra for five years before that. I know this habit is weird because of the look on the husbang's face when he told his mother about it.*
2. I get very cut if people don't move out of the way of emergency vehicles with sirens on. I acknowledge there is a small chance that they are in a hurry because the doughnut shop is about to shut. But I don't think we can have a civil society where people obstruct emergency vehicles, even misguided ones.
3. I call cotton buds "ear sticks" and use really enormously large quantities of them. I am having an operation soon which will hopefully render this uneccessary.
4. If my car doesn't start - which is not infrequent - I rub my palms together so that the energy points in their middle heats up and put them on the bits of the dash that I feel need it, and ask it to start. Mostly it works.
5. At least a couple of times a week I am so overcome by joy to be with my son, and at the person he is, that I start weeping. At the time of writing, he appears psychologically undamaged by this. He really is that cool a kid it would bring you to tears to be his mother.
OK, really am going on holiday now.
* Luckily I was able to maintain my dignity by retaliating with a habit of of his which I found to be something of an argument-settler.