: : crazybrave has moved to <a href="http://crazybrave.net">http://crazybrave.net/</a>: End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza #4

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza #4

Encouraged by anthony, and foolishness at Troppo, it's time for my first EoMEoTE experience. I know Foucault about post modernism, but I do know how to scramble an egg. And make toast. As I therefore have the essentials covered, I thought I'd show you what I made mum for her brekkie today.




Made by pouring beaten eggs into some bubbly butter in a non-stick frying pan and stirring slowly over a low heat with a big wooden paddle. I snipped in some chives from the garden at the last minute, and stopped cooking while the eggs were creamy and soft, ie quite soon. All served on a toasted English Muffin - because that's what was in the bread basket - and with some leftover baked rainbow trout flaked into a spoonful of yoghurt with a smidgen of horseradish cream and some little capers - because those things were in the fridge.

Mayonnaise would have been lusher, but you don't always need to do it the lushest way, especially not at breakfast. And there was no mayonnaise in the fridge.




This month's EoMEoTE was brought to you by Barry White, a black Australorp and the boss chook 'round here.

If you're using eggs this good you don't need to add anything else, but if you're buying eggs you might add a little cream or milk when you beat them. If you were using a cage laid egg you'd be an idiot with no taste or respect.